Program & Communications Director
Farmamerica is seeking a creative, self-starting program and communications director to help expand and lead Farmamerica’s educational programs for visitors of all ages.
30+ Hours/week. This position has the potential to grow into a full-time role within a year and offers a health insurance stipend. It also includes the opportunity to occasionally work from home with some flexible scheduling. Some weekends and evenings are required.
Position open until filled. Approximate start date: February 2019
- Develop and implement agriculture education programs for a variety of age groups (ex. day camps, community education courses, ag careers program, school field trips)
- Present agriculture education information in classrooms and on-site
- Network with K-12 teachers around the region
- Play an integral role in event planning
- Be the main tour guide of historic farm sites
- Develop content for social media and e-newsletters
- Help coordinate and train volunteers
- Assist with grant writing
- Bachelor’s degree
- A basic understanding of Minnesota agriculture
- 1-2 years of related experience, preferably in agriculture, education, communication, or marketing
- Experience with the following: Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams and committees
- Ability to communicate and work with all ages groups, especially youth
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with MailChimp, Canva, Dropbox, Adobe InDesign, and Illustrator, WordPress
- Direct experience teaching and leading groups of people
- Understanding of social media trends and analytics
Send questions, cover letters and resumes: Jessica Rollins, Executive Director email@example.com
About Farmamerica: Farmamerica is a non-profit organization established by the state legislature in 1978 as Minnesota’s center for agricultural interpretation. Farmamerica’s vision is to connect people with the evolving story of agriculture through tours, educational programs, and family events. Farmamerica is located at 7367 360th Ave, Waseca, MN.