Teacher Day Camp
July 31 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm| $60.00
Interested in incorporating agriculture into your classroom?
Join K-12 educators at Farmamerica for a Teacher Day Camp where you’ll experience first-hand how easy and engaging it is to infuse agriculture into your curricula.
Teacher Day Camp highlights include:
- Experience the history of Minnesota agriculture on an interactive tour of Farmamerica and discover the field trip and educational opportunities offered by Farmamerica.
- Explore a beehive and gain knowledge and activity ideas from a local beekeeper.
- Take a tractor ride to see first-hand how farmers embrace the latest technologies and the impacts on the environment and economy.
- Tour the local ethanol plant to learn how ethanol is made and what becomes of the byproducts.
- Meet local butchers who will explain how different cuts of meat are created and how to prepare them.
- Learn how U of M researchers were leaders in the development of new hops varieties and sample locally-brewed beer from MN’s first farm brewery as the evening culminates with a locally-sourced meal prepared by a local chef.
- Take home two complimentary MN Agriculture in the Classroom kits that are ready to use in your classroom.
Lunch & Dinner included.
Tuesday, July 31
10a – 8p
Register here today. Space is limited.
(Registration Deadline: July 2)
This learning experience is a Farmamerica and MN Ag in the Classroom partnership.